Friday, December 7, 2012

Scales.

Last night I took a CPR class. I thought "Alright shouldn't be took bad, yea, it might be a bit harder for me than the other people taking it because of my size and lack of experience, but oh well, I'll get it" I thought wrong. Yes, I got it after the third try, and I passed the class and got the certification, but my instructor made jokes about me the entire time. I could handle the jokes about my choice in career, or the ones about my last name, but he made fun of my WEIGHT.


Clearly I'm not fat, so I should be fine with people saying things about my weight, right? Wrong. It hurts just as much to be call "A walking stick figure" or "Olive Oil" (Yes, like the Popeye Character) I weigh 115 pounds. I'm finally in the healthy weight for my age and height.

I was on the brink of tears the entire class, and I'm hoping when I have to take it again, that he isn't anywhere nearby. I was so hurt because I was anorexic for 3 years. I'm still in recovery and have trouble making sure I eat often enough. 

So, to anyone who has ever told someone else to "Go eat a cheeseburger", it hurts. and to anyone who has been judged for their weight in anyway, don't let them get you down, stay strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment